You Found a Cat... Now What?...
Missing Pet Help Hotline: (661)-402-2251
When you find a cat please remember to
think LOST not STRAY. Please try to find the owner of any cat that you
- Does the cat have a collar with identification tags? If yes, please call the number and let the owner know you have found their dog.
Cat With NO VISIBLE Identification And You Can Hold On To The Cat...
- Take the cat to a local veterinarian and ask them to scan for a microchip. All SCV Veterinarians should do this for free (list of all local veterinarians).
- TIME TO CALL OUR HOTLINE!!!!!!!
- Create a "FOUND CAT" Flyer Post a copy of the sign on social media: FACEBOOK! Make sure to post it to facebook.com/ScvLostPets we will get to cross-posting it as soon as we see it!
- Put up a "FOUND CAT" sign in the EXACT SPOT you found the cat, as well in the immediate area. Click Here for instructions on how to make your signs (this is VITAL)!
- Put up "FOUND CAT" flyers at the local shelters
- Be sure to put flyers in all the local VETERINARY OFFICES, PET STORES, DOG PARKS & Local Stores. Tell local postal workers/UPS/FedEX that you found a cat
Cat With NO VISIBLE Identification And You MUST Take Him/Her To The Shelter...
- If you MUST take a stray with no identification to the shelter, please do right by the cat.
- Strays with no form of identification are only guaranteed to live 4 days in the California shelter system.
- Please Please Please CALL OUR HOTLINE AND REPORT THAT YOU FOUND THE CAT,
- Take a picture of the cat before you turn it over so you can e-mail it to us and post it on social media.
Please note our disclaimer: The information
contained on this site is not intended or delivered as medical advice, fact,
or opinion; nor is it in any way a recommendation to not follow the advice
of a trained veterinary professional.